Social media has become an excellent forum for promoting your business or brand and using it effectively often means involving contributors, authors and others to work on your social media with you. This will bring up the quandry many people who use social media for business have already run in to:
“Do I have to hand over my usernames and passwords for all of my social media accounts to those I have working for me?”
The answer is NO! We never recommend you hand out your usernames or passwords to anyone!
Many of the major social networks including Facebook, Google+, Youtube, and more all have integrated the ability to add additional people in various capacities so that they can contribute to your social media presence without compromising your security. Adding a user is easy!
How to add a manager Facebook
- Login to Facebook using the account that controls the business page that you want to add a manager to.
- Navigate to the business or brand page that you want to add the manager to.
- Click the settings button at almost the very top of the page
- Click “Page Roles” in the left hand menu that appeared
- Type either the user’s Facebook name or their e-mail address
- Select the role you would like them to have (use the chart below as a reference as to what role they SHOULD get)
- If adding more than one person, click “Add Another Person”
- If done, click Save. Reconfirm your password and click save.
Anyone you assign to manage your page will need to create a Facebook account should they not have one already.
How do i know which role will work?
There are 5 different types of roles for people who manage Pages. Only an admin can change someone’s role. The table below outlines the 5 Page roles (across) and what they’re able to do (down):
|Manage Page roles and settings||✔|
|Edit the Page and add apps||✔||✔|
|Create and delete posts as the Page||✔||✔|
|Respond to and delete comments and posts to the Page||✔||✔||✔|
|Send messages as the Page||✔||✔||✔|
|See who posted as the Page||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
How to add a manager to Google +
- Navigate to the Google + Pages section (usually https://plus.google.com/dashboard).
- Click “Manage This Page” of the page you want to add the user to.
- Click the gear symbol in the upper right corner of the page
- Click settings
- Click managers
- Click add managers
- Type in name or email address and click OK
Anyone you assign to manage your page will need to create a google account should they not have one already.
Minimized Role Options
There are three types of admins for Google+ pages: owners, managers, and communications managers. Each page can only have one owner, but it can have up to 50 managers or communications managers.
|Manage YouTube videos and Hangouts on Air|
|Post to customers, respond to reviews, and view Insights|
|Most other actions|
We hope this helps to make adding managers to your social media easier!